Friends

Yes, you do matter.


Third weekly post on this blog and looks like my blog is as popular as the overwhelming support by the rakyat for our beloved, well qualified and perfect Prime Minister of Malaysia.

My blog pretty much exists to keep my wits in check as I have to go through the most vigorous and ridiculous life of being an A-Levels student. At the time of reading this, I'll be probably racking my brains out trying and miserably failing to answer a Further Maths questions or slacking off using social media. For my sake, I hope it's not the latter.

As you good little people can see, the topic today is Friends. Cliche I know, as it is the most mushy type of topic out there . That topic alone has created countless of pages of blogs, sheets of exam papers, videos on Youtube ( check out 2blacksheeps video ) and even thesis.

I didn't exactly decide to come out with this topic but I was inspired to. I was actually planning to tell my fellow viewers on the story when I was trapped in a women's toilet and was forced to climb out of the nearby window, only to meet Taylor Swift with nothing on except an axe she was holding with her tender hands and ready to break down the door. Maybe one day that story will be told.

Alright, one day, I was just swiping my smartphone, as you do when I came across a Facebook notification that it was one of my friend's birthday on that day. I was quite surprised because of two reasons. One, I completely forgot about it and needed bloody Mark Zuckerburg to tell me about it. Two, we were inseparable in high school. Then, I questioned myself whether to either Whatsapp him or call him. I chose to Whatsapp him and got a simple response. That was all my 10 plus years of friendship worth?!

I guess when moving through the perils and joy of life, you will make plenty of friends along the way. Friends that will stay throughout your life, friends that may turn to enemies, and even some forgotten ones. Friends can have their own different genre if you think about it. Funny that the most recent ones will always be the closest ones to you at a present time but not the ones that you know for quite a long time. Sure , there will always be those people of exception like the high school friends and those magical primary ones.

Then there are those friends that will effortlessly help you no matter what. Those friends who will go out of their way to help you at your time in need. A friend in need is a friend indeed. You cannot go wrong with these friends, they are perfect. To those who helped me, I thank you. And then there are those used to be friends who now hates your guts. Saddening for sure. And the friends who always make you laugh with their genius jokes. Ah, I'm back happy again.

They say absence makes the heart grows fonder, and no doubt that is somewhat true. But some friends have proven me wrong over the years. You can look at them in the eyes, see those memories we had years before, but not a single word can be uttered to be cajoled into a friendly conversation. But then, there are those friends that are like magic. All we need is a simple Hello and it's like the past few years of absence were never there. I love that feeling, don't ya?

Here's another popular quote that goes around very often, friends come and go. Now honestly I call bullshit on that. Absolute bullshit . Because friends don't simply come and go. They are still there. A phone call away, a Whatsapp message away, a freaking kilometre away if you try.

Sure you won't be close as you were before, but they will always be there. If you can't start up a meaningful conversation, then talk about the old days. The magical moments of friendship. You can find yourself chattering away on the fun days where we couldn't give a shit about how the world worked.

Because friendships never go away. The breath-taking memories will be always waiting for you. Days and nights where it seemed to surreal to be true. Moments where you look back and think to yourself, this is the life. And that is what is really important in a true friendship. Without them, then what's the point of having friends anyway?


Comments