From Klang To Subang


It's the weekend. Take it away, Batman and Robin :D

Well, this blog managed to survive the week and I didn't gave up on it. That is worthy of some champagne right there. Anyways, it's been a week of mundane ritual that is known to me as the college life.

The weekend pretty much means I can finally sleep and wake up on my own time, enjoy not so shitty lunches and even have time to sit down in front of my laptop and do stuff. I get to leave the sights of the hustle and bustle of Subang Jaya and enjoy the serenity of my hometown Klang. Yeap, the weekend couldn't come sooner for little old me.

A topic for today's blog was a bit hard to think about as I am pretty sure no one wants to read about my nearly non-existent love life, what I eat and basically my life diary. I rather choose something we all can relate to. I mean if you really want to know more about me, then follow me on Twitter. @Ryan_Melvin15

The transition from secondary school to college is not as smooth as you would think. If you enter college with that mentality, you'll never make it there. I may not be one to talk as I'm only 4 months and plus into my college but I think I know enough by now.

The rule number one is to absolutely be humble when entering college. The amount of dickheads in college I have met is insurmountable to count by the fingers of my hand. These people are people who think they are far superior to everyone else because either they are absolutely rich or they have plenty of girlfriends. This lot is a minority , thank goodness , but try not to go to that path. The first thing I did when entering college was finding a group of friends that wouldn't screw me in the future and I'm glad that I actually have found that. Don't discriminate either because there is no place for that. Make friends with anybody, absolutely anybody.

I'm a kid from Klang who commutes daily to get to Subang and the change is pretty obvious. The people are different, the food and even the lifestyle are different too. It's not as drastic as let's say going to Australia , but I would say that it's a bit different to me. I find myself using way too much money on things I never spent on back in Klang and that honestly made my wallet cry in distaste. Adapting to college life is absolutely crucial. Expect the unexpected.

The level of education is a huge step up from a reputable town school in Klang to an international and highly acclaimed college in the hub of Subang Jaya. If you're taking or at least planning to take A-Levels, I'll advise you to at least think twice. Are you a hard-worker? If you are, then ask yourself the second question. Were you lying when answering the first question?

The amount of work you need to put in for A Levels is ridiculous and unless you tekan the minyak from the beginning, you will be left behind in the rat race. You'll have a lot of time, but you will regret not using the them to study. It sounds bad but if you have the balls to see it through, the reward could be endless.

And lastly, the girls. Being in an area where I am sandwiched between two international colleges, the amount of eyecandy available to my poor tired eyes are overwhelming. The girls there are drop-dead gorgeous and I'll be struggling to keep my composure. But I have absolutely no high expectations on getting anything remotely interesting in my love life. If you come to college and expecting to lose your virginity on the first time of trying, then you my friend will be sorely disappointed. This is not your everyday typical American movie where every college guy is getting their pants down. I wish it was too, but I have seen it and nothing much to report yet. Here's to hoping.

Basically, enjoy yourself. I am desperately trying to and I would like to say that I have at least slightly achieved that. Alright , cheers guys. Have a nice weekend.


Comments