When I'm Bored


                                                              Yes, that bored.


There comes a time when my mind comes up a blank all of a sudden. I could be sitting down, lying on a soft couch or even just walking aimlessly to god knows where. The feeling of being restless arises which is strangely very unsettling . Maybe it's me but I'm not one for lying down and doing nothing. I have to be doing something, anything. Or I'll just feel that something is strangely wrong. My stomach tightens tighter than my father's wallet and a sense of hopelessness befalls. And then finally the truth has befall on me. I am truly and utterly bored.

Boredom strikes me more frequently these days with me taking the tiresome course which is A-Levels. Having high school friends separated from me adds to the immense boredom that I absolutely detest. I mean I have a very good alternative in my college friends but they are a good 30 minutes drive away from where I live which is downright ridiculous.

I'm having a two week semester break which is very welcome in my recent hectic schedule. Unfortunately, this goddamn semester break couldn't have came at a worse time. Everyone I know is either studying for an exam right now in a god knows immensely-better-than-INTI college or just seemingly uninterested in doing anything.

I don't know about you but when I'm bored, I get absolutely fired up to do something. I'll randomly Whatsapp anyone that comes to mind because I love myself a good conversation. But that rarely cures my boredom. Not everyone is a willing talker and there are those whose vocabulary extends to only 4 simple words that even an uneducated toddler could mumble. LOL, haha, ok and yup. This people can either piss right off or go back to school.

By the way , I was just kidding. Obviously, they do that because they are speaking to yours truly. Yeap. The sad life I live in. Where people get too amazed at you and can only mumble incoherently .

When that doesn't work ( and it usually works for like 10 minutes ) , I turn to another source of entertainment. Video games. I can't help it. I'm a video game geek. It's like an addiction to me. Some people ( suicidal people ) get addicted to things like drugs, cigarettes, sniff glue and much more - I get addicted to video games. Anything from FIFA to GTA V to NBA 2K to Metal Gear to Far Cry 4 to Call of Duty to Kingdom Hearts to Borderlands ...... I'm pretty sure you get the idea. I play this to death and honestly, it doesn't faze me to much. But just like everyone's favourite tin of Nutella , it has an expiring date on its appeal. After losing a shit loads of time on FIFA or getting screwed on in those GTA V missions, it causes more stress than joy. Which pretty much means it's time to turn off that video game console.

When all fails, look no where further but the good old outdoors, eh? The sun, the fresh air, the chirping birds, trees and all are a sight for sore eyes, on a perfect day. But life doesn't simply do perfect. Most of the times, there will be rain, smoke and shitty noises from the usual crowd of cars and bikes.

Sports. I love sports. Well most sports. Preferably football. Or basketball. The adrenaline pumping in my veins as I swing my foot towards a static leather-made ball , hoping that the ball rips the net with the goalkeeper looking like an absolute mug with his eyes in pure disbelief that I just scored a belter of a goal. Or a last minute diving tackle to take the ball away from an onrushing tricky striker with some failed maneuvers to get pass the brick wall that I clearly am. I gush over football. Basketball is no shoddy second-placed sport though. I suck in basketball , which makes every shot that I make so goddamn satisfying. It's not quite football but that identical rush of adrenaline is there. Problem is the need to have people to play with me :( Stop being busy, everyone.

Movies. Damn , how I enjoy movies. Not the expensive and overpriced drinks or popcorn though. The alternate reality that a movie provides fascinates me. Showbox is a life-saver here.

Books are my second love. My god, I can absolutely devour a 300 page book in a mere 2 hours if it is interesting enough. Give me an air-conditioned room with a nice cold iced drink and my whole day is settled. Books like Airman, Whale Talk and much more always comes to mind. Not 50 Shades of Grey, I don't have that type of fetish. You can breathe a sigh of relief ladies. I'm a gentle beast.

But most of the times, I just sit down somewhere , most probably on a couch and flicking television channels aimlessly , waiting for the day to come to an end. Going on Instagram, Twitter and god forbid Facebook, dragging my majestic index finger onto my screen before sighing and fall back to my sad and distant reality of rewatching some B grade soap opera on television. Questions slowly play in my thick skull in the form of voices resonating eerily sounding like Morgan Freeman.


Was I put on Earth for this reason?


Was I ?


Why do I support Newcastle again ?



But then, a message appears on my Whatsapp. A smile emerges on my brown face. There is hope again.




Comments