Goodbye For Now


Fooling around with great peeps.




'' Why ask what, when the much more delicious question is when? '' 
                                                                                          R.Lutece (Bioshock Infinite)


Time is a trivial thing. The subject of many philosophers and rightly so. It is an open book which can be interpreted in a cluster of different ways through science and thought. Looking back, I have always been fascinated by time.

Alternative sources such as video games and movies have tackled the issue of time as a subject in many instances. I know that for sure as I have experienced it for myself. It keeps me thinking about it and how it impacts my life ever so greatly. As the mere mortals we all are, we are bound by time like chains on a wall. Frightening as it is, it also piques one's mind at the intriguing vastness of the subject of time.

And time has finally caught up to me. It was just mere months but now it has turned to weeks and soon days. Minutes even before it has come to pass. My venture into a new land for a few years and my departure from my home country that I have been shaped by.

It feels weird when doing something that was a thoughtless ritual which might become the last time you do it. At least for an extended period of time. It's surreal and something I take for granted. There are so many 'last' moments that I will soon encounter and the prospect of it scares me to a certain degree.

So this are the goodbyes I shall deliver, all in text as this is my way of parting ways with my Malaysian roots.


A Life.


Goodbye to the mamak nights,

Farewell to the sweet teh ais,

I'll even miss the angry waiters,

Who won't serve me after my flight.


No more chinwags with friends,

The jokes and puns with the lads,

Familiar faces come and go,

But they're the ones I'm glad I got to know.


From Simpang Lima to Inti College,

 A rollercoaster ride like no other,

The memories that I choose to keep,

Are the ones I choose to remember.


Familiar places like Bukit Tinggi,

Will soon move on without me,

Been there since year 2008,

And this time I'll be a tad late.


Malaysian food,

I'll miss for sure,

The sights, smell and taste I had endure

Now, I'll hold onto it dear.


Blood runs thicker than water,

Or so they say,

It's true, I'll miss my family,

Nothing much else to say.


I know I'm not a perfect person,

Flaws aplenty and with good reason,

Sorry to the people I've hurt before

And thanks to the ones I truly Lámour.



Cold hard facts are here to stay,

It really is goodbye from today,

The years I've spent, forget I won't

I'll be back soon and it'll be great to be home.


Now a new chapter awaits, in the land down under,

Wish me luck, I suppose.

I'll need it for sure.

Because it's time to not be a blunder,

And time to start carving out my future.




I'll be honest I didn't wanted to write a poem. But I got lazy and a goodbye article could take like weeks knowing my obscene habit of procastination. I hope my poem didn't turn out that badly but take it easy on me, I'm only a beginner after all.

If nothing goes wrong, I'll still be writing articles on this blog. Fingers crossed.

Happy Chinese New Year guys. Goodbye.











Comments